Tuesday, September 7, 2010

FML

FML.. I think we all know what FML stands for. I don't take FML lightly. It's a very strong choice in letters, but I am saying FML. I would shout FML at this point. I wanted to stand outside my house and scream F.M.L. Thats how this day is going. I really want to go to bed and wake up to a new day!

I have sooo many things going on right now, and they all began with the pretense that we were extending here in Hawaii. I started a business and I have it growing! I have been doing great and I have my felt foods in Baby Awearness in Manoa. I have a Facebook store and new things are popping up everyday. Don't get me wrong I am more than happy to leave. I was so disappointed that we wouldn't be moving sooner, but now that we are moving I have so many loose ends to tie up it's unreal.

Then comes my own crafting ventures that have gotten put on hold. I have a list of things that I want to make, books filled with things that I want to do. When I will have the time for these things I really don't know.

Oh so now that I have kept you in suspense the FML part. I walked out into the garage to take some trash out, and the whole garage stunk. I called Josh and told him that I thought that the recycling needed to go out and STAT. I was convinced that the cans were rotten and needed to be turned in. Well lunch time came and I wanted taquitos, they were in the freezer outside. You probably see where this is going. So I went outside and the smell knocked me over! I still couldn't find the smell. I rounded the Tahoe and opened the freezer and BAM! I almost got knocked over. It was the F-ing freezer. The door didn't close all the way and things had begun to defrost and in some cases ROT! Ok so maybe not rot but it smelled like it. Frozen fish doesn't do well if it isn't frozen. I looked down and there was a puddle of defrosted juices. Almost the whole freezer was a total loss. I was able to salvage a few things, some fries, pizza and bread. But other than that it was pretty ugly. I was able to save 2 pork tenderloins and a rack of ribs. I wanted to scream at the top of my lungs and cry and kick something or someone. I really didn't know what to do, but I did know that i was pissed.

Have you ever had one of those moments where you want to cry and scream and laugh all at the same time? That was this moment. Again I say FML is not a phrase I take lightly but at that key moment when I had chicken juices running down my arm, and 4 kitchen trash bags full of spoiled food! I really wanted to drop and run, and not come back. Couldn't some menehune come and clean this for me! (for those of you that don't know what a menehune is, it's  a fictional hawaiian mini person who sneaks around and does things. SOmetimes they are helpful and sometimes they are mischievous.)

Anyhow long story short by 2 o'clock I was tired, exhausted, had a rack of ribs and 2 pork tenderloins cooking. I had taken a shower and now my kids are asleep. Lets see if I can salvage the afternoon!

No comments:

Post a Comment